These chocolate chip cookies are made with coconut butter and pureed chickpeas as a secret ingredient that adds nutrition and body and no one will ever guess.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Puree chickpeas in a blender.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and coconut oil in a large bowl until blended. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and peanut butter, in that order. Fold in pureed chickpeas. Add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool cookies on a wire rack.