Savory sausages and tender cubes of chicken leap into a saute pan with onion, garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini. Toss with hot pasta and serve with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan, if you wish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 4 (3.5 ounce) links Italian sausages, sliced
- 2 breast half, bone and skin removed (blank)s skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ¾ cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 3 medium (blank)s zucchinis, thickly sliced
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook rotini pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large Dutch oven cook sliced Italian sausage until brown. Add cubed chicken and cook until no pink remains in either meat. Add onion, garlic, green bell pepper, Italian seasoning, salt and ground black pepper and stir together. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and zucchini. Simmer until zucchini is tender yet crisp.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce. Serve warm.