Tender, boneless chicken strips are baked in cream under a topping of Parmesan cheese in an easy main dish that's an ideal weeknight dinner partner for rice or egg noodles.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the butter and flour in separate shallow dishes. Dredge the chicken strips first in the flour, coating evenly, and then in the butter. Place chicken in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Add salt, and pepper, to taste. Pour the heavy cream over the chicken. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, and paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts and cream bubbles, about 20 minutes.