These vegan and gluten-free brownies are a decadent dessert! Made with oat flour, zucchini, and vegan chocolate chips, they're a special treat you can feel good about serving.
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups granulated coconut sugar
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup Dutch-process cocoa
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ (10 ounce) bags vegan dark chocolate chips
- 3 small organic zucchini, diced
- ¾ cup grapeseed oil
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Liberally spray the bottom and sides of a 10x15-inch oven-proof glass dish or two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine coconut sugar, oat flour, cocoa, cacao powder, and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix well until no lumps remain, using a sifter if necessary. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Combine zucchini, grapeseed oil, flaxseed, and vanilla extract in a blender; blend on high until completely smooth and slightly warm, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Pour zucchini mixture into the melted chocolate; continue heating and stirring with a rubber spatula, scraping down the sides, until mixture is well combined. Remove top bowl from the heat.
- Fold the coconut sugar mixture into the zucchini-chocolate mixture, until mixture is combined but still slightly lumpy; do not overmix. Batter will be very thick with a smooth texture. Let sit for 5 minutes, then gently stir. Pour batter into the prepared pan, spreading so it is as flat and even as possible.
- Place brownies in the preheated oven until they look dry and shiny on top and start to pull away from the edges of the pan, and until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 1 hour.