This quick and easy cherry French toast bake with a crumb topping is a sweet choice for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices bread, or more to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until smooth.
- Line the bottom of the prepared dish with half of the bread. Bread can be sliced or torn to cover the bottom of the dish flat. Pour half of the eggs over and spread to the edges to saturate bread. Spread half of the pie filling over.
- Line the dish with remaining bread and pour remaining eggs over to saturate; some may leak through below and that is okay. Cover with yogurt and spread evenly to seal the top. Pour remaining pie filling over and spread evenly.
- Place butter, sugar, flour, almonds, and cinnamon into a bowl. Work the dry ingredients into the butter with a fork to create crumbs, adding more flour and sugar if needed to get the right consistency. Sprinkle crumb over the top of the cherry filling. Place the baking dish on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center topping is bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting with a spatula to serve.