Cherry and cream cheese dump cake is simple to prepare and the family will love it. Serve with vanilla ice cream!
- cooking spray (such as Pam®)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls (such as Pillsbury® Grands! Big and Flaky)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix (such as Duncan Hines®)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent rolls into the prepared dish, pinching the seams together.
- Beat cream cheese, white sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; spread over crescent roll dough. Sprinkle brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon over cream cheese mixture layer.
- Pour cherry pie filling over brown sugar layer. Sprinkle yellow cake mix over cherry pie filling. Arrange butter slices over cake mix and top with remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Wrap a piece of aluminum foil under baking dish to help prevent rolls from burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 1 hour. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.