Brussels sprouts and cipollini onions are roasted to perfection in this simple recipe.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- ½ pound cipollini onions, stem and root ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Place Brussels sprouts in water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove sprouts from water and transfer to ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Place onions in boiling water; cook until nearly tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from water, rinse with cold water, and pat dry. Set aside.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Stir in Brussels sprouts and onions; toss with butter to coat. Stir in salt and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and roast until golden and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.