Grated blue cheese, instead of chunks, creates more blue cheese flavor in this easy, creamy dressing.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces frozen blue cheese, grated
- Place mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk in a bowl. Add garlic, black pepper, dry mustard, salt, sugar, cayenne, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Mix grated blue cheese into the cream base a little at a time to ensure it is evenly incorporated and doesn't clump.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight) to consolidate the flavors.