Give cauliflower a cheesy makeover by removing its stem, dipping it in egg and bread crumbs, and filling it with Colby-Jack cheese for a flavorful side dish everyone will love.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Use a knife to cut the stem out of the cauliflower head; it should look like a bowl when done. Dip cauliflower into the beaten egg. Dip outside in bread crumbs to cover, leaving space where stem was removed. Place into a deep oven-safe baking dish.
- Mix chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Place Colby-Jack cheese in the empty "bowl" space of cauliflower. Sprinkle seasoning mix all over top of cheese and cauliflower.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cauliflower is tender, about 1 hour.