Cheesy potatoes make an easy side dish when you use the microwave. All you need are potatoes, onion, and Cheddar cheese.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the potatoes, onion, cheese, salt and pepper into a microwave safe casserole dish. Once finished layering, place 1 teaspoon of margarine on the top of the uppermost layer. Cover and cook in the microwave oven on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the microwave and stir before cooking for another 10 minutes or until done. Stir well and serve.