This quick to assemble main dish is comprised of frozen hash browns, a mushroom soup middle layer and a rice cereal topping.
- 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ½ cups crispy rice cereal squares
- ⅔ cup butter
- Place hash browns in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together soup, onion, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour over hash browns. Crush the cereal and mix with the butter. Sprinkle mixture over soup layer. Cover and let rest in refrigerator 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until golden, hot and bubbly.