This easy casserole is like a crustless quiche. It's filled with ham, onion, red bell pepper, and asparagus, flavored with tarragon, Cheddar, and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 ½ cups chopped cooked ham
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 8 large eggs eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix the ham, onion, red bell peppers, and asparagus in the prepared baking dish. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, Parmesan, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pour over the ham mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Continue baking 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.