Plant-based quesadillas inspired by cheeseburgers make for a quick weeknight dinner that'll satisfy the whole family.
- 8 ounces Pure Farmland® Simply Seasoned Plant-Based Protein Starters
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Sliced dill pickles
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- For the Quesadillas: Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add protein starters and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To the same pan, add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes more. Add reserved protein starters back to the pan, add Worcestershire sauce, mix to combine, and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan, coat with nonstick spray, and heat over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to pan. Top half the tortilla with 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 of the cooked protein.
- Top with pickle slices (if desired) and another 1/2 cup cheese. Fold in half and cook until cheese is melted and the quesadilla is golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Repeat with second tortilla and remaining ingredients.
- For the Special Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Cut quesadillas into pieces and serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and sauce.