This is a hearty beef and macaroni stew to make with ground beef and leftover vegetables.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups water
- 3 carrot, (7-1/2")s carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Brown the hamburger meat with onion and celery. Drain (if it is fatty hamburger meat).
- Add water and carrots, then cook 'til carrots are beginning to get tender. The carrots will be crunchy unless you cook them a fairly long time.
- Add leftover vegetables, macaroni, tomato sauce, Italian spices, and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the flavors blend and all ingredients are warm through.