With this chocolate syrup, you can easily whip up a batch of chocolate milk for the children in your life--just stir 2 tablespoons of syrup into an 8-ounce glass of milk.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon black onyx cocoa powder (from Savory Spice Shop®) (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (such as Nielsen-Massey®)
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir in both cocoa powders and vanilla bean paste until combined.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool. Transfer syrup to a lidded jar.