These slices are a zesty mixture of delicious pickled vegetables, perfect for summer.
- 6 cups sliced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber slices, onions, and green peppers.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the salt, celery seed, vinegar and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the mixture in the mixing bowl with the mixture in the saucepan. Pack into sterile jars and refrigerate for 24 hours.