Enjoy this thick, creamy cauliflower potato soup topped with bacon and cheese on a cold night.
- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and chopped
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 eaches baby carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes, or to taste
- water, or as needed
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits, or more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, or more to taste
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Stir cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and onion flakes together in a pot; add enough water to cover and stir in chicken bouillon cube. Bring to a simmer and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture and about 1 cup cooking liquid to a slow cooker. Stir cream of chicken soup, milk, cream cheese, and bacon bits into vegetable mixture.
- Cook on Low, stirring occasionally, for 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir parsley into soup and continue cooking until vegetable are tender and flavors blend, 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.