These cauliflower pizza bites are gluten-free, low carb, and the perfect little mini pizzas for entertaining using your favorite toppings.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into large chunks
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with parchment paper squares.
- Grate cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl using a fine grater. Chop up any remaining pieces that are too small to grate but too big for the crust.
- Microwave cauliflower until soft and tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Pour cauliflower into a clean dish towel cool easily handled, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wrap the towel around the cauliflower and squeeze out as much liquid as possible; the drier the cauliflower is, the better it will hold together as a crust once mixed with the other ingredients.
- Combine cauliflower, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl.
- Scoop cauliflower crust mixture into prepared muffin tin, dividing the mixture evenly among the cups. Pat down cauliflower mixture with the back of a spoon, making it compact.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon a small amount of pizza sauce onto each cauliflower crust. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, dividing evenly among the crusts.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Let sit in pan for 5 minutes before moving each bite to a cooling rack. Let cool for 10 minutes. Peel parchment paper squares off the crusts and serve on a platter.