Succulent broiled fish fillets topped with a Mediterranean-inspired blend of cheese and tomatoes. It looks and tastes like heaven and takes just 20 minutes to prepare.
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets catfish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 plum tomato (blank)s roma tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- Preheat broiler to 500 degrees. Coat a broiling pan with nonstick cooking spray. Brush both sides of fillets with lemon juice, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fillets flat side up on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, butter, and mayonnaise.
- Broil fish about 4 inches from heat for 6 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and turn fillets over. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over each fillet. Top with tomato slices. Broil an additional 4 to 6 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.