Just like potato pancakes only shredded carrots star in this one. Eggs, flour, breadcrumbs and garlic surround and bind the carrot together. They cook up crusty and golden and are so good with homemade applesauce.
- 1 pound carrots, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup bread crumbs or matzo meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the grated carrots, garlic, eggs, flour, bread crumbs, salt and black pepper; mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Make the mixture into patties, and fry until golden brown on each side.