Make ultra-dense carrot cake pancakes with Greek yogurt, oats, and vanilla protein powder for a quick breakfast with a boost!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup skim milk, or more as needed
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- cooking spray
- Combine oats, yogurt, eggs, chopped carrots, milk, protein powder, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger in a blender. Blend until batter is smooth. Fold in grated carrots.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray. Scoop batter onto the griddle using a 1/4 measuring cup, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.