Caramel apples, raisins, and almonds top creamy cinnamon oatmeal for this kid-approved breakfast that's easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream, or more as needed
- 2 cups oats (such as Quaker Oats®)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup whipped topping
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add apple and 1/4 cup brown sugar; cook and stir until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Melt remaining butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add remaining brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Add 2 cups heavy cream; bring to a simmer. Add oats, flax seeds, and cinnamon; mix and stir until oats are full cooked and creamy, about 2 minutes, adding a touch more heavy cream if needed.
- Serve in a bowl topped with caramel apple, raisins, and almonds. Add a spoonful of whipped topping to add additional creaminess.