For some togetherness, get the kids to help create the candy creatures that sit atop these yummy Captivating Caterpillar Cupcakes, made with Duncan Hines Confetti White Cupcake Mix.
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Confetti White Cupcake Mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup star decors
- 1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- green food colouring
- 10 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- ½ cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- ⅓ cup assorted jellybeans
- assorted nonpareil decors
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine cupcake mix, egg whites, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in 1/3 cup star decors. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Tint vanilla frosting with green food colouring. Frost one cupcake. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon chocolate cookie crumbs on frosting. Arrange 4 candy-coated chocolate pieces to form caterpillar body. Place jelly bean at one end to form head. Attach remaining star and nonpareil decors with dots of frosting to form eyes. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.