Chicken breasts are stuffed with tomato, fresh mozzarella, and pesto, then baked in the oven - they make for a delicious dinner with very little preparation.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small rounds
- 8 tablespoons pesto, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cantanzaro herbs (such as Savory Spice Shop®)
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cut a shallow pocket into each chicken breast using a sharp knife.
- Stuff each chicken breast with chopped tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, and about 2 tablespoons pesto. Mix cantanzaro herbs and garlic salt in a small bowl and sprinkle each chicken breast evenly with herb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).