Sweet and tangy cocktail meatballs are baked in a fruity and colorful cranberry sauce glaze in this recipe that originated on Cape Cod.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce (such as Ocean Spray®)
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 2 ½ tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, grated onion, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Pinch off about 2 teaspoons of meat mixture per meatball and roll into small meatballs. Arrange meatballs in a large, deep baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are browned, about 25 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Combine jellied cranberry sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir the sauce until cranberry sauce has melted and brown sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over meatballs and bake until sauce forms a glaze and meatballs are no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 more minutes.