Bring the taste of s'mores home with this delicious campfire s'mores bread pudding made with marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate chips.
- 4 hot dog buns, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 graham cracker squares, crushed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Spread hot dog bun pieces out onto a baking sheet.
- Bake hot dog buns in the preheated oven until dry and crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat condensed milk, 3/4 cup milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Spread hot dog bun pieces out in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour milk mixture over buns. Scatter 1 cup marshmallows and 3/4 cup chocolate chips over the milk mixture; let rest until mixture is slightly soaked into bread, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the bread pudding comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons marshmallows, and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips together in a saucepan over medium heat until marshmallows and chocolate are melted and completely incorporated. Pour marshmallow mixture over bread pudding and cool, 20 to 30 minutes.