This classic dish gets a chicken makeover and since the sauce, meat, veggies and noodles all cook together in one pot, dinner has never been easier!
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups uncooked curly egg noodles
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Season the chicken as desired. Melt the butter in a large deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, breaking up with a spoon, 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute 3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in the soup, water, milk, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce; heat to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Reduce the heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring often, 8 minutes.
- Add peas. Cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles have reached desired tenderness.