In this authentic, easy Mexican recipe giant shrimp and baby octopus are cooked in garlic mojo sauce that is flavored with pasilla chiles.
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds cleaned baby squid, bodies sliced crosswise into 1/2 rings, large tentacles halved
- 12 large jumbo prawns, cleaned
- 2 dried pasilla chile, seeded and sliced
- Combine 1/4 olive oil, 1/4 cup of butter, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until marinade is smooth.
- Place squid and prawns into a bowl, pour in marinade, and stir until well coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook chile until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add squid and shrimp; cook and stir until evenly browned, 10 to 15 minutes per side.