This is an old-fashioned comfort food recipe.
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 3 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Stir 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and 3 cups cheese into the drained macaroni. Pour the hot milk mixture over the cheese and macaroni. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter, and spread over the top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, and then place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.