- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash. To the carrots add melted butter, white sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.