Zrazas are Polish meatballs made with ground chicken, fresh parsley, and garlic and stuffed with sauteed cabbage. They are very juicy despite being made with ground chicken
- 2 slices bread
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium head cabbage, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine bread and milk in a shallow bowl and soak.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add cabbage, cover, and simmer until cabbage is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine ground chicken, onion, parsley, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix in soaked bread, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Place 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the palm of your hand and top with 1 teaspoon of cabbage. Cover with meat mixture, sealing the filling inside.
- Place flour in a small bowl. Dredge meatballs in flour.
- Heat oil in a a large skillet and cook meatballs in batches until browned, about 5 minutes on each side.