The flavors of both tomatoes and mushrooms keep blending together in this dish, so it is great the day you make it and even better the following day.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium (4-1/8" long)s green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and basil; toss until evenly coated. Cover and chill in refrigerator at least 3 hours. Stir before serving.