You'll want to wake up to this buttermilk waffle recipe from the Saskatchewan prairies, best served with Canadian maple syrup and crisp bacon.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup melted butter
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir flour mixture into eggs, one third at a time, alternating with buttermilk, until just combined; stir in butter.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron; cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.