Hearty breakfast muffins made with quick oats and buttermilk are a great way to start the day.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix oats and buttermilk in a large bowl; allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Combine eggs, brown sugar, and butter in a small bowl; stir into oat mixture. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in another bowl; stir into oat mixture until just moistened. Fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.