Maple flavor and real bacon bits combine into a prizewinning breakfast-in-a-cupcake made fluffy with buttermilk.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled into bits
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 20 muffin cups.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder together in a bowl. Add buttermilk, eggs, oil, maple flavoring, and vanilla extract. Stir in crumbled bacon.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.