This is my family's favorite one dish meal - mine too, since it is so easy to put together! I use skinless, boneless chicken breasts but mixed chicken pieces can be used, too. I also use the low fat, low sodium canned soups and the taste is still great!
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine the mushroom soup, celery soup, water, rice, mushrooms, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix all together. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread on bottom.
- Lay chicken pieces over soup mixture and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over all. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.