This is a delicious and very pretty version of tabbouleh.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated carrots
- In a heatproof bowl, pour boiling water over bulgur. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat together oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour over bulgur; and mix with a fork.
- Place bulgur in the bottom of a nice glass serving bowl. Layer vegetables and garbanzo beans in this order on top of the bulgur: green onions, garbanzo beans, parsley, and carrots on top. Cover, and refrigerate. Toss salad just before serving.