Bacon and blue cheese join Buffalo sauce-marinated chicken for a satisfying salad packed with tomatoes, celery, and cucumber.
- 4 slices bacon
- 9 ounces cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 radishes, diced
- 1 ½ cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing, or to taste
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and let cool.
- Reheat chicken in the bacon fat, seasoning with salt and pepper, until just starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Drain chicken on paper towels and place in a large bowl. Add wing sauce and stir to coat all the pieces. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Break bacon into pieces and combine with chicken. Add tomatoes, radishes, lettuce, cucumber, celery, red onion, blue cheese, and dressing. Toss salad and divide between 2 plates.