This layered jar salad combines the pop of Buffalo sauce with cool creamy ranch, blue cheese crumbles, and the crunch of the celery and carrot. It's wing night in a salad.
- 10 ounces cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo-style hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 15 ounces cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 cups salad greens
- 1 ¼ cups crumbled blue cheese
- ¾ cup croutons (Optional)
- Combine ranch dressing and hot sauce in a small bowl. Divide dressing equally between 5 wide-mouthed, quart-sized glass canning jars, forming the first layer. Add equal amounts of celery and carrots, forming the next 2 layers.
- Place 3 ounces of chicken in each jar. Top chicken with 2 cups of salad greens in each jar. Place 1/4 cup blue cheese on top of salad greens. Seal and refrigerate jars until ready to use.
- Divide croutons evenly into 5 small lidded containers. When ready to eat, dump jar contents and croutons into a bowl and toss.