Broccoli salad gets a sweet and savory element with the addition of raisins and sunflower seeds that is perfect for picnics.
- 1 pound bacon
- 6 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (3 ounce) package sunflower seeds
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels and cool. Chop bacon.
- Mix broccoli, bacon, red onion, and raisins in a bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together in a bowl; stir dressing into broccoli mixture until evenly coated. Cover bowl and refrigerate for flavors to blend, about 1 hour. Sprinkle salad with sunflower seeds.