This is a broccoli casserole with a kick! Broccoli is baked with rice, onions, celery, cream of mushroom soup and processed cheese spread with Jalapenos.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar processed cheese spread with jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Melt margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and celery until tender.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish combine onions, celery, cooked rice, broccoli, mushroom soup and processed cheese spread; mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.