Breakfast cooks while you sleep thanks to this recipe for a hearty egg- and sausage-stuffed breakfast casserole that is made in a slow cooker.
- cooking spray
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 12 large eggs eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package maple-flavored sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- Spray the crock of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread hash browns to cover the bottom of the slow cooker crock.
- Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Spread sausage over hash browns and spread Cheddar cheese over sausage. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.