Cinnamon-scented almond and coconut milks are churned into this boozy horchata ice cream spiked with rum.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (Optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine almond milk and cinnamon sticks in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cover, remove from heat, and add coconut oil. Allow to steep and cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and strain out cinnamon sticks. Whisk in coconut milk, honey, rum, and vanilla extract. Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately for 'ice milk' consistency or freeze overnight until firm.