These blueberry-oatmeal scones with pecans are a wholesome and delicious breakfast treat! Either fresh or frozen blueberries can be used.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir the oatmeal, flours, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter or two forks and cut in the butter with the flour mixture until crumbly and well blended. Stir the milk into the flour mixture until just combined. Lightly stir in the pecans and blueberries. Collect the dough into a ball and pat into a large circle about 1 inch high. Cut into 8 wedges, and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.