- Indian appetizer with chunks of paneer, crunchy sweet peppers, and onions marinated in yogurt and warm spices and cooked to perfection
- Paneer Tikka is a popular Indian appetizer. It has chunks of paneer, crunchy sweet peppers, and onions marinated in yogurt and warm spices and cooked to perfection. Traditionally the skewers are is cooked in a tandoor oven. But here is my EASY and simple version that can be cooked in an air fryer or an oven in just 10 minutes.
- ½ cup plain yogurt full fat
- ½ tablespoon ginger paste
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chat masala optional
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- 1 pound paneer cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1-inch cubes
In a medium-sized bowl add yogurt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, and chat masala. Crush the dried fenugreek leaves on the palm of your hands and add them to the bowl. Add lemon juice and mix all the ingredients to make the marinade.
Add paneer, peppers, and onions to the marinade and mix everything together coating the paneer and veggies well with the marinade.
Cover the bowl and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes which prevents them from burning while in the air fryer.
When ready to cook, lightly spray or brush the air fryer basket with oil. Line the skewers 4 to 5 skewers inside the basket and spray over lightly with oil. Cook for 5 minutes at 360°F (180° C). Turn the skewers, spray lightly with oil and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve immediately with chutney fresh lemon wedges.
Oven & Grill Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line the skewers on a baking rack and place the rack on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes. For slightly charred edges, finish the cooking by broiling the skewers on high for 2 minutes.
- To cook on an outdoor or stovetop grill, preheat the grill. You may line the outdoor grill with aluminum foil to prevent the paneer from sticking. Brush the grill with some oil and place the skewers on the grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through
- Calories: 196kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 476mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 39mg