Shishito peppers are a sweet variety of pepper from East Asia; this savory recipe tosses blistered shishitos with cotija cheese and peanuts.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups shishito peppers
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese, or to taste
- chopped peanuts, or to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a heavy, 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers; cook until blistered one one side, about 2 minutes. Toss with tongs and cook until blistered on all sides, about 2 minutes more.
- Serve with cotija cheese, peanuts, and lime wedges.