Great recipe for grilled steaks that does not require marinating for several hours. Rub the steaks with oil and garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and when the coals are ready, throw the steaks on the grate. Fresh rosemary is placed on top of the meat while grilling.
- 4 (6 ounce) rib-eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Rub each steak lightly with olive oil - this is to ensure that the steaks don't stick to the grill. Season with salt and pepper. Rub fresh garlic into both sides of each steak. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place the steaks on the preheated grill, and immediately turn after 30 seconds (this first turn is to ensure that one side is seared). Place the fresh rosemary sprigs on top. Cook 7 minutes per side, to desired doneness, remembering to remove the rosemary sprigs before turning, and to replace on top of the meat after turning.