Truffle oil, truffle salt, and shaved truffles combine to create a Northern Italian gnocchi dish with a rich, buttery cheese sauce.
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese gnocchi
- ⅓ cup finely chopped shallots
- ⅓ cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup salted sweet cream butter
- 1 teaspoon black truffle oil
- 1 cup finely grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon black truffle salt
- 3 thin slices shaved black truffle (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon Grana Padano cheese, or to taste
- black sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain gnocchi, and reserve and set aside 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Bring shallots and wine to a boil in a large saute pan. Reduce heat slightly and simmer until reduced by half, 5 to 7 minutes. Add butter and cook until melted. Stir in truffle oil until well distributed. Add reserved cooking water, gnocchi, and Grada Padano cheese; toss until evenly covered and cook over medium-low heat until heated through and cheese has melted. Add pepper and truffle salt; toss well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl. Top with shaved truffles and remaining cheese and season with black sea salt and pepper.