This tender and flavorful bison meatloaf recipe is full of chopped green chiles and bacon pieces, and is slathered in barbeque sauce.
- 1 ½ pounds ground bison
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped green chile peppers
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¾ cup barbeque sauce, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground bison, milk, bread crumbs, green chile peppers, bacon bits, egg, liquid smoke, onion powder, dry mustard, garlic powder, and ground sage in a bowl. Mix by hand.
- Transfer mixture to a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Spread barbeque sauce over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bison is no longer pink, about 1 hour 45 minutes.