This Polish kielbasa sausage, cabbage, and potato skillet dinner is perfect for camping or an easy weeknight meal that feeds a crowd.
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 1 pound Polish kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium (2-1/2" dia)s onions, chopped
- 1 large head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; cook in microwave until partially tender, about 8 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven or large cast iron skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sausage and onions until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage and onions to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the same Dutch oven; cook and stir cabbage until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, sugar, and paprika in a bowl; pour over cabbage and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add potatoes and sausage-onion mixture. Cover Dutch oven and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.